Friday, November 02, 2012

Grass Heads, Friday Week 3

Hi Parents and Caregivers,

Today we made grass heads.

'I like my grass head and think it looks cool because I put my favourite colours on it'. Ryan
'I like my grass head because it has pink eyes. I like pink'. Maya
'I like the head because its going to grow grass'. Aaliyah
'I like my grass head because it looks beautiful' Marshall




Instructions: Step 1: Cut off an 8" (20cm) section of stocking that includes the toe. (You could also use a "tube section" that doesn't include the toe - you'd just have to tie a knot in one end to close it, then turn it inside-out to hide the knot.) Step 2: Stretch the stocking over a large cup or mug, and spoon in about 2 teaspoons full of grass seeds. Step 3: Pack in some sawdust or potting soil. Aim for the head to be roughly tennis ball sized. Step 4: Tie a knot to close the end. No need to cut off the dangly bit. Step 5: You can make a bulbous nose or ears by grabbing a bit of stocking and twisting. Fasten base of the nose with some thread or a small rubber band. Step 6: Decorate! Use fabric scraps or permanent marker to decorate the face, and coloured paper to make the yoghurt container into a dress or a suit or whatever you like - get creative! Just make sure that any glues or markers you use for the head are water-proof.

Thank you, Room 22

No comments:

Post a Comment