Thursday, April 11, 2013

In the Garden! (Book for today)

Hi Parents and Caregivers, Today we read the book "In the garden". We looked at the high frequency words: “I”, “in”, “my”, “the”. We read the book using the pictures to help us when we did not know the word. In class we made our own sentence to go with the book. Our sentence was "I put the butterfly in the tree." and we made a butterfly to go in the tree. At home you could find all the words in the text that start with “b”. List them and read the list together. Ask your child to find other things that start with the same (“b”) sound in the illustrations. Thank you, Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Hello Miss Watson & room 20
    I am Ella's aunty, I live along way away in Perth WA. I am very happy that I can see what Ella & her friends are doing at school by looking at this Room 20 blog. What a great idea! It certainly looks like they had a great time reading In the Garden and drawing their butterfies.
    Love Ella's Aunty Gay

    ReplyDelete