Friday, February 15, 2013

I’m a Super Listener (Poem)

Hi Parents and Caregivers, Today we learnt our poem 'I'm a super listener'. We looked at the words 'at' and 'me'. The Casey shapes that make up 'a' are: open mouth, short stick, 't': tall stick, twig, makes 'at'. The Casey shapes that make up 'me' are: 'm' short stick, tunnel, tunnel and 'e' twig, open mouth. Look above at our photos.I’m a Super Listener: I’m a super listener. I hear what you say. I listen carefully. All through the day. I look at you. When you speak to me. I sit and watch quietly. My mouth is closed. My folded arms you see. I’m a super listener.Look at me! Thank you, Nikki & Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki and Sarah, Thanks for all the work you are doing and helping Max to settle. We are still struggling with this at home. He does seem very happy once he gets to the classroom though. Max and I have been reading his poem and I have discovered that Max is not only highlighting the current words (at and me) but is also highlighting them when he finds them within a word such as "what". He has also highlighted the other words he has learnt this week (is and my). I'm not sure if I should be encouraging him to do this?
    Lee-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee-Anne,
    That is great that he is recognising words. Yes do incourage him to recognise them in other words. This will help with his reading and is called 'Chunking', when he comes to words he does not know. Well done Max, this is amazing.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete